Noises Off farce at Sheringham Little Theatre to boost expansion project funds
- Credit: Archant
Two Norfolk couples are to step out on stage together in one of the most ambitious productions ever attempted by Sheringham Little Theatre.
Renowned local actors Peter and Amanda Howell will be joined by Little Theatre director Debbie Thompson and her drama teacher and theatre director husband Simon in Noises Off.
The show ,which opens on Monday, June 1 and runs until Saturday, June 6 is being staged to raise money for the venue's £70,000 Little Bit Bigger campaign, which aims to see the creation of a new youth space on the theatre's flat roof.
'We hope this show will raise £10,000 towards our overall target and help us build the much-needed rehearsal room,' said Mrs Thompson.
'Noises Off is a brilliant Farce written by Michael Frayn and is widely hailed as one of the funniest comedies ever written - but it is very complicated production, which makes it extremely ambitious for the Little Theatre to stage.
Award-winning Noises Off was first performed in 1982 and follows the backstage antics of a touring theatre company as they stumble their way through rehearsals to a shambolic first night and final disastrous performance.
Debbie and Simon, who met when they first performed together at the Sheringham Little Theatre back in 1992, will be appearing on stage together for the first time in 23 years. They will be celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary on Wednesday during the production's run.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 5 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 6 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 7 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 8 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 9 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 10 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing up to 30 new jobs
'Peter and Amanda Howell are also married and are well known and greatly loved actors on the local amateur scene,' she added.
Noises Off runs at the Sheringham Little Theatre from Monday, June 1 to Saturday, June 6, with performances at 7.30pm every night and a matinee on the Saturday. For more information or for tickets call 01263 822347 or visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com