Noel Gallagher to headline Thetford Forest gig
- Credit: Archant
Former Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher and his band will play at Thetford Forest next summer.
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds will perform at Forest Live with Australian outfit Confidence Man in June.
The band shot to fame in 2011 with their first album going double platinum in the UK with more than 2.5 million copies sold globally. Chasing Yesterday and Who Built The Moon? followed, making a hat-trick of number one albums.
The Britpop star was a founding member and the songwriter of Oasis, selling 70 million records, including the band's generation-defining albums Definitely Maybe and What's The Story Morning Glory?.
The gig is set for Thursday, June 18 at High Lodge, Thetford Forest, near Brandon, on the Norfolk/Suffolk border.
You may also want to watch:
Forest Live is an outdoor live music event held every year by Forestry England. More than 1.9 million people have attended a Forest Live concert in the last 19 years.
Tickets £52.50, plus £6.25 booking fee, and go on sale at 9am Friday, December 6 from Forestry England box office on 03000 680400 or buy online at www.forestryengland.uk/music
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 5 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 6 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 7 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 10 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk