Review: The Nimmo Twins are talents Nelson himself would have been proud of
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Rude, crude and laugh-out loud good, two Norfolk comedy legends made a welcome return to the Norwich Theatre Royal Stage.
Karl Minns and Owen Evans, aka The Nimmo Twins, performed their award-winning show The Country Members in front of two full houses on Friday and Saturday night.
The Normal for Norfolk duo left virtually no stone of the county unturned in their pursuit of Norfolk-bred belly laughs.
Norfolk people and Norfolk life are the butt of most of the jokes in the Nimmo Twins' routine but with love and affection rather than malice or contempt the driving comedy force.
Norfolk institutions like the county council, the Canaries', this paper, Jarrolds and BBC Look East were all in the duo's targets.
You may also want to watch:
Add into the mix some of their favourite characters, like She Goo, Billy Boy, Anne and Hauswerk and it's easy to see why both nights were sell outs.
Brilliantly written and performed the Nimmo Twins are talents that Nelson himself would have been proud of.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 10 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham