Review: The Nimmo Twins are talents Nelson himself would have been proud of
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Rude, crude and laugh-out loud good, two Norfolk comedy legends made a welcome return to the Norwich Theatre Royal Stage.
Karl Minns and Owen Evans, aka The Nimmo Twins, performed their award-winning show The Country Members in front of two full houses on Friday and Saturday night.
The Normal for Norfolk duo left virtually no stone of the county unturned in their pursuit of Norfolk-bred belly laughs.
Norfolk people and Norfolk life are the butt of most of the jokes in the Nimmo Twins' routine but with love and affection rather than malice or contempt the driving comedy force.
Norfolk institutions like the county council, the Canaries', this paper, Jarrolds and BBC Look East were all in the duo's targets.
Add into the mix some of their favourite characters, like She Goo, Billy Boy, Anne and Hauswerk and it's easy to see why both nights were sell outs.
Brilliantly written and performed the Nimmo Twins are talents that Nelson himself would have been proud of.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 5 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 6 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
- 10 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas