Cooking fans queue to meet Nigella Lawson in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Hordes of cooking fans queued outside a Norwich department store for the chance to meet Nigella Lawson.
The 57-year-old was at Jarrolds on Tuesday afternoon to sign copies of her new book, At My Table.
The book celebrates the food she loves to cook for friends and family and features recipes for dishes such as chicken fricassee and sticky toffee pudding.
One man, who was the first in the queue, said: 'I've always been a big fan of Nigella, I like her programme. I think she's beautiful to look at, a nice person and a lovely personality.'
Another fan added: 'She was really lovely, she was really a people's person, she was so warm and we were really excited to meet her, it didn't disappoint at all.'
You may also want to watch:
To accompany the book, a six-part television series started on BBC2 this week.
Nigella Lawson began her career as a reviewer and restaurant critic, releasing her first cookery book in 1998. Her second book, How to Be a Domestic Goddess earned her the British Book Award for Author of the Year..
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 7 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham