Cooking fans queue to meet Nigella Lawson in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Hordes of cooking fans queued outside a Norwich department store for the chance to meet Nigella Lawson.
The 57-year-old was at Jarrolds on Tuesday afternoon to sign copies of her new book, At My Table.
The book celebrates the food she loves to cook for friends and family and features recipes for dishes such as chicken fricassee and sticky toffee pudding.
One man, who was the first in the queue, said: 'I've always been a big fan of Nigella, I like her programme. I think she's beautiful to look at, a nice person and a lovely personality.'
Another fan added: 'She was really lovely, she was really a people's person, she was so warm and we were really excited to meet her, it didn't disappoint at all.'
To accompany the book, a six-part television series started on BBC2 this week.
Nigella Lawson began her career as a reviewer and restaurant critic, releasing her first cookery book in 1998. Her second book, How to Be a Domestic Goddess earned her the British Book Award for Author of the Year..
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 5 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 6 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
- 10 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas