Nigel Kennedy receives three standing ovations at Norwich Theatre Royal
Superstar violinist Nigel Kennedy was rewarded with three standing ovations for his 'truly remarkable' performance at Norwich Theatre Royal.
For more than twenty-five years, Mr Kennedy has been acknowledged as one of the world's leading violin virtuosos and one of Britain's most important violinists, and on Tuesday the Nigel Kennedy Quintet performed a sold-out show for the Norfolk and Norwich Festival.
During the performance Mr Kennedy's jazz quintet performed an eclectic mix of Kennedy originals along with a selection of standards and covers.
Alison McFarlane, the festival's executive director, said: 'It was a fantastically engaging performance.
'Nigel Kennedy really wooed the audience. He received three standing ovations for a truly remarkable performance which demonstrated his range, versatility and skill.'
• The Norfolk and Norwich Festival runs until Saturday. For more information about festival events visit www.nnfestival.org.uk or call 01603 766400 to book tickets.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan