Nigel Kennedy receives three standing ovations at Norwich Theatre Royal
Superstar violinist Nigel Kennedy was rewarded with three standing ovations for his 'truly remarkable' performance at Norwich Theatre Royal.
For more than twenty-five years, Mr Kennedy has been acknowledged as one of the world's leading violin virtuosos and one of Britain's most important violinists, and on Tuesday the Nigel Kennedy Quintet performed a sold-out show for the Norfolk and Norwich Festival.
During the performance Mr Kennedy's jazz quintet performed an eclectic mix of Kennedy originals along with a selection of standards and covers.
Alison McFarlane, the festival's executive director, said: 'It was a fantastically engaging performance.
'Nigel Kennedy really wooed the audience. He received three standing ovations for a truly remarkable performance which demonstrated his range, versatility and skill.'
You may also want to watch:
• The Norfolk and Norwich Festival runs until Saturday. For more information about festival events visit www.nnfestival.org.uk or call 01603 766400 to book tickets.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel