New Walking Trio
ED FOSS Worstead Festival
It was a brave decision to bring such an eclectic group of musicians such a long way to play at such a traditional annual event - but brave decisions are often rewarded.
New Walking Trio took to the stage twice during the Worstead Festival, first on Friday evening in the New Inn marquee and again on Saturday on the village square trailer.
The Serbian four-piece are from Norwich's twin city of Novi Sad and came here courtesy of a collaboration between Worstead Events and the recently formed Norfolk and Norwich Novi Sad Music Group, which has the support of the Norfolk and Norwich Novi Sad Association.
The band mixes up a range of styles, using sample-based nu-jazz, live jazz, broken beat and other styles.
- 1 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 2 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 4 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 5 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 6 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 7 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 8 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 9 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 10 Multiple fire crews tackle farm blaze overnight
The sight of one of the four in front of a laptop while the others played traditional instruments may have surprised some, but their performances in front of the Worstead crowds went down well.
Friday evening at Worstead is often a slot for trying something different - and this quartet fitted the bill perfectly.
The Saturday afternoon gig was watched by a healthy range of people, some had come purely for the music but most were your average festival-goers - ideal exposure for this group of diverse talent.
Fun, funky, rhythmic and lots of talent, lets hope for a return visit next year.
t There will be another chance to catch New Walking Trio tonight, Monday July 31, at Norwich Arts Centre. Support from The Neutrinos and ska band Smaller Than You. Doors at 8pm, tickets £5 by calling 01603 660352.