New interactive play offers kids their first experience of theatre
- Credit: Wayne Savage/The Garage
Shakespeare said the course of true love never did run smooth, and neither will this exciting, interactive retelling of his most famous comedy entitled 'My First Play: A Midsummer Night's Nap.'
The show is a unique experience which hopes to provide children with their first taste of theatre.
With an informal setting audiences can come and go, and youngsters are encouraged to make noise. There's also a special relaxed performance as well as British Sign Language and audio-described performances.
It even features real donkeys from Redwings horse asylum.
The play tells the story of a cool summer's night, where havoc is breaking loose in the forest and fairies are up to no good. Will it be alright by morning?
You may also want to watch:
Adapted and directed by All-In Productions, it runs at The Garage from July 20 to August 4. More information and tickets are available at www.thegarage.org.uk.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards