New bands event at football ground
JON WELCH The start of the football season may be looming and Delia's kitchen hotting up, but Carrow Road is about to add music to the menu with a new monthly live event.
The start of the football season may be looming and Delia's kitchen hotting up, but Carrow Road is about to add music to the menu with a new monthly live event.
The night will be run by local record label Broeknrule Records who will be inviting the public to decide which bands play.
Mike Deal, director of Broeknrule, said the closure of live music pub the Ferry Boat, in King Street, had spurred him into action.
“Seeing the Ferry Boat close down last year was a low point for me. With an apparent lack of support for live music in the city and the closing down of one of the most popular venues, I decided it was time to start up something new.
“There is so much talent in Norwich that is not being recognised. Simply because you do not live in London, nor have the means to go full-time and travel around promoting or even have a Norfolk accent, does not mean you are not worth listening to. It's time for this to change and hopefully we can be a part of that.”
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 7 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'
He said the event, called Musicfinity at Carrow Road, was a totally new live music concept. From September, all bands will be chosen by the public via its website.
The opening night, on Sunday, August 26, will feature Nemo; winners of the EDP and Evening News' Next Big Thing competition Rosalita, and The Nazerines.
t Bands wishing to play at Carrow Road, or around the UK can submit their profile and register on www.musicfinity.com for the chance to play. Tickets for the gigs at Carrow Road are available from the NCFC ticket office by calling 0870 444 1902. They will also be available in Virgin Megastores.