Nelly in Norwich: Fans praise rapper’s performance at UEA
- Credit: AP
Last night Nelly brought The Fix Tour to the LCR at the University of East Anglia (UEA) for the first of two shows at the venue.
Since the early 2000s Nelly has been a big name in the world of music, with his debut album Country Grammar being certified Gold in the UK and nine times Platinum in the US. From there, he went on to release six more albums, win various awards, incluiding a Grammy Award, and has starred in several television shows and films.
More recently the rapper has embarked upon a mini UK tour which he brought to the University of East Anglia's Nick Rayns LCR on Sunday.
Throughout the evening Nelly performed some of his most well-known tracks, including 'Dilemma', 'Ride Wit Me', 'Just A Dream' and of course everyone's favourite, 'Hot in Herre'. He also surprised the crowd with covers of hit songs such as Rihanna's 'Work' and NSYNC's 'Girlfriend'.
Fans have taken to social media to praise the evening, with Coelis Witcher calling it 'the best gig ever' and Leonie Marshall saying that 'Nelly was a dream'.
You may also want to watch:
Demand for The Fix Tour was so high that a second date had to be added in Norwich, which will take place on Wednesday June 15.
• Tickets for Nelly's second show at the LCR are still available and can be purchased online from the UEA Box Office.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre