Nelly in Norwich: Fans praise rapper’s performance at UEA
- Credit: AP
Last night Nelly brought The Fix Tour to the LCR at the University of East Anglia (UEA) for the first of two shows at the venue.
Since the early 2000s Nelly has been a big name in the world of music, with his debut album Country Grammar being certified Gold in the UK and nine times Platinum in the US. From there, he went on to release six more albums, win various awards, incluiding a Grammy Award, and has starred in several television shows and films.
More recently the rapper has embarked upon a mini UK tour which he brought to the University of East Anglia's Nick Rayns LCR on Sunday.
Throughout the evening Nelly performed some of his most well-known tracks, including 'Dilemma', 'Ride Wit Me', 'Just A Dream' and of course everyone's favourite, 'Hot in Herre'. He also surprised the crowd with covers of hit songs such as Rihanna's 'Work' and NSYNC's 'Girlfriend'.
Fans have taken to social media to praise the evening, with Coelis Witcher calling it 'the best gig ever' and Leonie Marshall saying that 'Nelly was a dream'.
You may also want to watch:
Demand for The Fix Tour was so high that a second date had to be added in Norwich, which will take place on Wednesday June 15.
• Tickets for Nelly's second show at the LCR are still available and can be purchased online from the UEA Box Office.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 6 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 7 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'