National spot for Pistolas
EDP Next Big Thing competition winners The Pistolas have been chosen as one of six featured unsigned bands by Radio 1's Huw Stephens.
An award-winning Norfolk band is celebrating being showcased on Radio 1.
EDP Next Big Thing competition winners The Pistolas have been chosen as one of six featured unsigned bands by Huw Stephens.
Huw is one of three DJs at the station carrying the banner for new music following the death of John Peel.
The Norwich four-piece outfit are one of six featured unsigned bands, with their music described as gliding “from the social commentary of the Undertones to the fired-up pop of The Ramones”. Their featured download track is the appropriately-named Listen Listen.
The Pistolas - Simon Buller, Paul Dewbery, Naomi Cousins and Lee Bowyer - have been building on last year's EDP competition success with a management deal and London gigs in 2005.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 7 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 8 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 9 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 10 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney