Musician in appeal to find festival venue
- Credit: Steve Adams
A Norwich musician is looking for a venue for a new festival he hopes to put on close to the city.
Steve Burkett wants to launch City's Finest in June next year but needs a location for the three-day event.
The 35-year-old singer-guitarist, who performs under the name Slightly Offensive Steve and has played at events such as Glastonbury Festival and Boom Town in Winchester, said: 'I am a musician who has performed for many years and at many, many festivals
'I want to take the best of those festivals and celebrate Norfolk with this new festival.'
Mr Burkett, who lives in the Dereham Road area of Norwich, said the event – which would run over a weekend in June – would 'bring together the finest bands in Norwich' and also have other elements.
'It's going to be a music festival but also have an indoor cinema and promote local charities and local ecological projects.
'The majority of the stands will be selling Norfolk products,' he said, adding that he had already had a lot of interest from people wanting to be involved.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 3 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 4 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 5 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 Royal estate closes winter light trail due to bad weather
'I have lots of bands that want to play but I am not confirming any bookings until I have a venue.'
Mr Burkett said he did not want to use a venue that already hosted other festivals, and was ideally looking to hire a 20 to 25-acre field which would be big enough to accommodate up to 1,500 people and was about 10 to 15 miles outside of Norwich.
'If anybody has a site that we could potentially use, I would love to speak to them,' he said.
Anybody who has a site that could potentially be used for the festival can contact Mr Burkett by emailing email@example.com or finding Steven Michael Burkett on Facebook
Do you have an arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at firstname.lastname@example.org