Musical theatre favourite to appear in Cromer Pier Show
- Credit: Archant
A Cromer Christmas Show favourite will be performing at the end-of the-pier variety spectacular this summer.
Singer Jane Watkins will be one of the acts in the Seaside Special which runs from June 21-September 20 at the Pavilion Theatre.
Shows will be held at 7.30pm between Tuesdays and Saturdays and matinée performances of the Show Two, featuring the main Seaside Special performers, will be held at 2.30pm on some of the days.
And you can have the chance of seeing Jane and the rest of the Cromer Pier Show cast by buying a copy of this week's North Norfolk News and entering a competition to win two tickets to any evening performance of the show.
Jane began her career in theatre at the age of 16 and made her début performance playing the part of Mary Warren in the Tony award-winning play The Crucible at the Hull Truck Theatre.
You may also want to watch:
Later in the same year she landed the role of Caroline Neville in Titanic the musical.
Jane has had her own solo show since she was 18 when she performed in venues in the north of England while making her way through university, where she achieved a BA honours degree in Musical Theatre.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
After university she performed her solo show in the Costa Dorada of Spain and landed several roles in production shows, including Rizzo in Grease, Lulu in a 1960s show Shout, and lead vocalist in Soul Sisters where she sang songs by Aretha Franklin and Gloria Gayner.
She returned to England two years later and branched into the world of pantomime.
In 2012 she recreated iconic 1960s performances in a touring show called The British Pop Invasion.
She appeared in last year's Cromer Pier Christmas Show.
To book tickets for the pier show call the theatre box office on 01263 512495 or visit www.cromer-pier.com