Musical journey and premiere heading to Trunch church
Two more classical concerts are lined up for July at St Botolph's Church, Trunch where the events support restoration works.
On Saturday July 2 Tamara Ravenhill (soprano) and Katerina Assimis-Kohls (piano) perform a programme of songs and piano music in what they call East Meets East - a Journey in Music from London to St Petersburg.
It includes a Schubert impromptu a prelude by Debussy, lyric pieces by Grieg and songs by Arne, Bridge, Poulenc, Obradors, Constantinidis, Strauss and Tchaikovsky.
Katerina was one of the pianists who performed so impressively in last years' Norfolk 'Schubertiade' of the London Schubert Players.
On Saturday July 30, Anna Hopkins, doyenne of Norfolk flautists, and David Morgan, pianist for all seasons, will be joined by friends playing oboe, clarinet and bassoon as Flautissimo Plus.
You may also want to watch:
The concert will culminate in the premiere of local composer, Andrew Lowe Watson's Trio for Flute, Bassoon and Piano, a piece teeming with his impressions of the sounds of nature on Halvergate Marshes.
Putting the new music in perspective, the performers will also be performing an early Trio by Beethoven, the Poulenc Flute Sonata, short piano solos and witty French music for woodwind quartet by Bozza and Francaix.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
Both concerts are at 7.30pm with admission by programme �8 (concessions �6) at the door. More information at www.trunchconcerts.co.uk