Musical journey and premiere heading to Trunch church
Two more classical concerts are lined up for July at St Botolph's Church, Trunch where the events support restoration works.
On Saturday July 2 Tamara Ravenhill (soprano) and Katerina Assimis-Kohls (piano) perform a programme of songs and piano music in what they call East Meets East - a Journey in Music from London to St Petersburg.
It includes a Schubert impromptu a prelude by Debussy, lyric pieces by Grieg and songs by Arne, Bridge, Poulenc, Obradors, Constantinidis, Strauss and Tchaikovsky.
Katerina was one of the pianists who performed so impressively in last years' Norfolk 'Schubertiade' of the London Schubert Players.
On Saturday July 30, Anna Hopkins, doyenne of Norfolk flautists, and David Morgan, pianist for all seasons, will be joined by friends playing oboe, clarinet and bassoon as Flautissimo Plus.
The concert will culminate in the premiere of local composer, Andrew Lowe Watson's Trio for Flute, Bassoon and Piano, a piece teeming with his impressions of the sounds of nature on Halvergate Marshes.
Putting the new music in perspective, the performers will also be performing an early Trio by Beethoven, the Poulenc Flute Sonata, short piano solos and witty French music for woodwind quartet by Bozza and Francaix.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 4 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 5 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 6 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 7 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 8 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 9 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 10 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
Both concerts are at 7.30pm with admission by programme �8 (concessions �6) at the door. More information at www.trunchconcerts.co.uk