Musical duo to perform for creative children’s festival in Holt
An evening of free eclectic music will be held next weekend in aid of a creative children's festival.
The Cocora Duo features Eri Kaishima on the Marimba and Michaela Stapleton on saxophone.
They will be performing in the church of St Andrew the Apostle in Holt on Saturday November 30 at 6.30pm.
The concert will include music by Bartók and Elgar.
Any donations made throughout the night will go towards the Falcon children's festival.
The festival of arts and literature for children of Norfolk started last year and was held this summer at Gresham's Prep School in Holt.
It is aimed at primary school children and this year's event included Mad science, den building storytellers and shadow puppets.
- 1 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 5 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 6 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 7 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 8 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 9 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 10 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident
For more information visit www.falconholt.org.
Musicians Eri and Michaela first met at the Royal College of Music in 2004 during their undergraduate studies.
They are both experienced chamber musicians and Eri performs regularly with her marimba duo Meridian. Michaela has been a member of Sirocco Sax Quartet since 2006.
They have put on recitals and workshops across the Britain and abroad. The Cocora Duo was formed last year.