Musical acts needed for special charity gig
- Credit: submitted
A charity gig is set to help raise cash to bring music into the lives of those having hospital treatment.
Unplugged By The Sea, will take place over the weekend of September 3 and 4 this year at The Crown Inn in Sheringham.
It is the brainchild of Ben Carpenter, 36, from Overstrand, who works at Starlings Toy Shop and his girlfriend Loren Allen, 29, a primary school teacher from Norwich.
Mr Carpenter has worked as a music promoter and helped with events such as Rock Bodham. He also took part in a chairty beard shave last year .
All money raised from the Unplugged event will go to the Weybourne Day Unit at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, which offers chemotherapy and blood transfusions amongst other treatments.
You may also want to watch:
Money will be raised by donations during the event and will be put towards the renewal of the unit's music licence.
Miss Allen's father, Kevin, 58, has been using the unit while having chemotherapy treatment.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 6 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 9 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 10 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
He raised money for them with a charity fishing match which enabled them to purchase a music licence.
Miss Allen said; 'His continued positive attitude is inspiring.'
The musical extravaganza, which it is hoped will focus on acoustic and folky music, will start at 12 noon and run throughout the day.
Each artist will have a half hour slot and perform on an outside summer stage.
Acts performing at the Unplugged event include singer-songwriter Erin Bennett from Texas and The EB Band, Ukuele Simon, a ukuele player who plays current pop songs with a twist, and a men's singing group Voicemale.
Miss Allen said: 'We have had an amazing response already with 12 acts already interested in performing. We still need some more music acts and also we are encouraging people to come along to the event as well.'
Anyone looking to perform at the event can email email@example.com or look on Twitter @UBTS2016