Muse Review: Headliners rock the Big Weekend in Earlham Park
Muse teased fans with new tracks from their up-coming album in a set list which didn't stray too far from their much-loved classics.
Ears were ringing after the performance with the anthemic hits such as Supermassive Black Hole and Uprising.
The epic tunes went hand in hand with the staging of the performance which at one point saw outsized black balloons bounce into the audience.
Military themed backdrops set the stage alight and enlarged shots of the musicians made the performance as fierce and fearless as the band itself.
Their guitar's fret boards were periodically lit up red and white in the night in the visually creative and stunning set.
For those who couldn't wait for the arrival of the new album 'Drones' on June 8, the band played new happily-named tracks Reapers and Psycho and Dead Inside.
As the sun went down and the temperatures plummeted, the crowd's spirit was put in the safe hands of the alternative-rock band.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 3 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 4 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 5 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 6 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 7 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
There was no stopping the core of the crowd from their enthusiastic jumping and even the sparse outer-edges of the audience were clinging on to the addictive if melancholic rhythms despite the day drawing to an end.
Muse finished with their classic closing song Knights of Cydonia and drew the first music-filled day to a close.
• What did you make of Muse's performance? Leave your comments below.