Murder, Margaret and Me set to open at Norwich theatre
- Credit: Reflective Arts
The story of an unlikely friendship that develops between crime writer Agatha Christie and actress Margaret Rutherford during the filming of the first Miss Marple film is taking to the stage at the Maddermarket Theatre from tomorrow night.
Murder, Margaret and Me is the latest show to be presented by the Norwich Players at the city venue.
'The play is about the process of creating and the conflicts of artistic creation. A question of ownership of character,' said Phillip Meeks, the play's writer.
'But the play also pays homage to Margaret Rutherford. It's half a biographical play.'
The show is directed by Steven Scase. The three cast members in the show are Dot Binns, Joy Davidson and Gill Tichborne, who between them have performed in more than 80 productions by the Norwich Players.
You may also want to watch:
Murder, Margaret and Me opens tomorrow night and runs until Saturday, January 28. For more information, including ticket prices and how to book, call the box office on 01603 620917 or visit www.maddermarket.co.uk
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 10 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms