Murder, Margaret and Me set to open at Norwich theatre
- Credit: Reflective Arts
The story of an unlikely friendship that develops between crime writer Agatha Christie and actress Margaret Rutherford during the filming of the first Miss Marple film is taking to the stage at the Maddermarket Theatre from tomorrow night.
Murder, Margaret and Me is the latest show to be presented by the Norwich Players at the city venue.
'The play is about the process of creating and the conflicts of artistic creation. A question of ownership of character,' said Phillip Meeks, the play's writer.
'But the play also pays homage to Margaret Rutherford. It's half a biographical play.'
The show is directed by Steven Scase. The three cast members in the show are Dot Binns, Joy Davidson and Gill Tichborne, who between them have performed in more than 80 productions by the Norwich Players.
You may also want to watch:
Murder, Margaret and Me opens tomorrow night and runs until Saturday, January 28. For more information, including ticket prices and how to book, call the box office on 01603 620917 or visit www.maddermarket.co.uk
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 6 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 7 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 8 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 9 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns