Mundesley Players seek new musical director
A theatre group is searching for a new musical director to help members stage a musical next summer.
The Mundesley Players lost its long-standing musical director more than two years ago and has since had to stick to performing plays.
Group secretary Val Newell said: 'We have been looking for a musical director for a long time. We had one for 20 years but he had to leave two to three years ago. We always used to do big musicals in the summer but we haven't been able to do one since. They were always sold out and members would like to do one again in July. There is one lady who is very keen to perform Fiddler on the Roof, which we have done before so that could be an option.'
Mrs Newell said the group was looking for someone who was competent enough on a keyboard or piano to accompany a musical and could commit to rehearsals on most Fridays and Sundays in the two months leading up to the performance.
She said ideally the musical director would also be able to give actors some voice coaching but it wasn't essential.
She added that the successful applicant would be paid for their services.
The Mundesley Players formed more than 25 years ago. There are around 30 regular members as well as a Junior Players section.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 10 'TV naturalist suggests Western Link is not 'tolerable'
Contact Mrs Newell on 01603 736870 for more information.