Mundesley Players seek new musical director
A theatre group is searching for a new musical director to help members stage a musical next summer.
The Mundesley Players lost its long-standing musical director more than two years ago and has since had to stick to performing plays.
Group secretary Val Newell said: 'We have been looking for a musical director for a long time. We had one for 20 years but he had to leave two to three years ago. We always used to do big musicals in the summer but we haven't been able to do one since. They were always sold out and members would like to do one again in July. There is one lady who is very keen to perform Fiddler on the Roof, which we have done before so that could be an option.'
Mrs Newell said the group was looking for someone who was competent enough on a keyboard or piano to accompany a musical and could commit to rehearsals on most Fridays and Sundays in the two months leading up to the performance.
She said ideally the musical director would also be able to give actors some voice coaching but it wasn't essential.
You may also want to watch:
She added that the successful applicant would be paid for their services.
The Mundesley Players formed more than 25 years ago. There are around 30 regular members as well as a Junior Players section.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
Contact Mrs Newell on 01603 736870 for more information.