Mundesley gearing up for festival
Wartime big band sounds and pop from Britain's Eurovision glory days will combine during this year's Mundesley Festival.
Bookings for the week-long summer event are ahead of last year says manager Derek Kirk.
One of the best sellers is the return of comedy music man Richard Digance where only 30 of the 182 seats in the Coronation Hall venue remain unsold.
Festival favourites the Jonathan Wyatt Big Band have the added attraction of The Moonglow Sisters, providing close harmony Andrews Sisters style backing to the lead vocals of popular entertainer Olly Day.
Another highlight is the first appearance at the event of the Brotherhood of Man, with the same line-up that won Eurovision with Save Your Kisses for Me in 1976, which went on to top the hit parade in 33 different countries.
You may also want to watch:
They had two more number ones, Angelo and Figaro in 1977 and 1978, five hit albums, 26 platinum, gold and silver discs – and are still touring today with the original foursome of Nicky Stevens, Sandra Stevens, Martin Lee, and Lee Sheriden,
Another top group from the previous decade are also on the festival programme, as the Bachelors with John Stokes, recreate classic hits such as Charmaine, Diane, and I Believe.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
The line up from August 1-5 is:
Monday – Jonathan Wyatt Big Band
Tuesday – Richard Digance music and comedy
Wednesday – Digby Fairweather jazz
Thursday – Brotherhood of Man
Friday – John Stokes' Bachelors
All the concerts are at the Coronation Hall at 7.45pm. For tickets, �12.50, and information phone 01263 721189, 07867 632998, visit www.mundesleyfestival.co.uk or call at the box office on the main village car park when it opens in mid June.