Mundesley Festival 2012 line-up announced
Comedy ventriloquist Steve Hewlett and singer Isla St Clair are among the highlights of the Mundesley Festival next summer.
New dad Steve who headlined the Cromer Pier show this year has cut down his gigging to mainly one-night stands due to the arrival of new baby Lola-Mae, as reported last week.
But he and wife Nina, who is a singer, have agreed to return to north Norfolk to fill the Thursday night slot during the week-long event now in its 28th year.
Festival manager Derek Kirk said he met Steve over an after-show drink towards the end of the Cromer season.
'He said he was cutting back, but was happy to do a night and he was free on the Thursday. We are lucky to get him,' he added.
Also on the line-up is Isla St Clair, who is switching her folk singing roots for an audio-visual show about the effects of music in wartime. The Eyes Front show also featuring Patrick King opens the week on Sunday August 5.
There are returns for popular regulars, the Jonathan Wyatt Big Band, and comedy musician Richard Digance on Monday and Tuesday, with the Temperance Seven providing Wednesday night jazz.
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 3 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 4 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 5 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 6 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 7 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 8 'Heartbreaking' - Vandals force landmark church to close after damage spree
- 9 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 10 Farm launching wild camping with breakfast hampers and street food nights
The Friday finale is county singer Tony Goodacre and his band making a return from retirement.
Mr Kirk said he was pleased with the line up, and next summer's festival will support the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
This year the festival gave �404 for the East Anglian Children's Hospice, despite making an overall loss.
Mr Kirk is still keen to hear from any volunteers able to lend a hand with the week, and from any potential sponsors.
?To help or reserve tickets call Mr Kirk on 01263 721189 or 07867 632998, or visit www.mundesleyfestival.co.uk