Multi-talented musician Rachel King appearing in Cromer Pier Show
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to this year's summer Cromer Pier Show will be able to enjoy a musician of many talents in action.
It is the first year multi-instrumentalist Rachel King has performed in Europe's last remaining end-of-the-pier show, which ends on September 19.
She plays the violin, saxophone, flute, panpipes and piano.
Other show acts include comedian Paul Eastwood, vocalists Luke Walsh and Jane Watkins and the six-strong troupe of Seaside Special Dancers.
And the North Norfolk News is giving away two tickets to see a matinee performance of the show.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs King, who lives near Norwich with her husband Andy and their two young sons, spoke to the news. Here are some of her answers.
When did you first start performing?
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 10 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
I started performing when I was about eight-years-old. I used to put on shows with my brother, sister and dog. I have not stopped performing since then.
Where else have you performed in your career?
My first professional experience was playing keyboards in a band in Cardiff when I was a student. I performed in place of my tutor who owned the band and could not play that night.
What is your biggest professional achievement to date?
I have worked with many talented people over the years. Names I have worked alongside include Jess Conrad, the Krankies, Jimmy Cricket, Bernie Clifton, Olly Day and Nigel Boy Syer.
Where is the best place you have performed and why?
The best place I have worked in is Shanghai. I played on the top floor of the Hilton Hotel and saw the Chinese New Year in. It was the most spectacular thing I have ever seen.
Tickets for the Cromer Pier Show cost £10 to £39. To book call 01263 512495 or visit www.cromer-pier.com
To enter our competition for a pair of tickets to a matinee performance buy a copy of today's North Norfolk News.