Mothers' boys and City players at NAC
COLIN WILSON Wombatwombat's autumn/winter term gets off to a rousing start when Mother and the Addicts, Ten City Nation and **** Dress each bring their own brand of edgy, indie to Norwich Arts Centre tonight (7.
Wombatwombat's autumn/winter term gets off to a rousing start when Mother and the Addicts, Ten City Nation and **** Dress each bring their own brand of edgy, indie to Norwich Arts Centre tonight (7.30pm).
Difficult to pigeonhole Scottish headliners Mother and the Addicts are promoting a melting pot of disco, elctronica, punk, rockabilly and krautrock that is their critically acclaimed second album, Science Fiction Illustrated.
The band enjoy a reputation as one of the tightest live acts around and this is one of only two opportunities to see them south of the border this autumn.
London/Bury St Edmunds-based trio Ten City Nation are made up of the founder members of Miss Black America. Like their previous incarnation, TCN draw on raw energy and carefully honed musicianship to fluently and unpredictably slide between almost hypnotic threads of melody and distorted feedback and, if early reviews are anything to go by, it's another winning combination.
Fast-rising local quartet **** Dress open the music in the main auditorium with their pleasingly abrasive, slightly eccentric Fall-esque observational mutterings.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 4 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 5 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 6 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 7 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk hotel set to launch five romantic orchard cabins next year
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge
As usual, there's a varied line-up of local talent in the cafe/bar curated by Howlback Hum which tonight stars Norwich's Lucky Jim, Master Solo, Angela Wood, Luke Abbott, True Adventures, Ground Ivy and Kayleigh Read.
t 01603 660352 (£6adv/£7door) Norwich Arts Centre Box Office, Soundclash www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk