Mother Goose, Dereham
Dereham Operatic Society's pace was fast, with singing and dancing routines getting the audience in the mood for the traditions that make up pantomime.
Mother Goose is probably the only pantomime I know nothing about. Luckily, Dereham Operatic Society filled the gap in my pantomime knowledge by taking the audience on a wild goose chase of a romp.
The pace was fast with singing and dancing routines getting the audience in the mood for the traditions that make up pantomime.
Tony Wilds was outstanding as our eponymous heroine Mother Goose. His enthusiasm seemed to know no bounds with the younger members of the audience and the young at heart hanging on every syllable.
Society stalwart Nick King was brilliant as muddled wizard Fuddle and Patricia Goodwins as Mother Goose's thigh-slapping son Colin is also worth a mention as is Marea Smithson as the Queen of Youth who bore more than a passing resemblance to a certain Melbourne housewife.
You may also want to watch:
The more than able chorus filled the stage during important scenes.
Unfortunately, the singing was often drowned out by the otherwise flawless accompaniment of Jeff Granger, however even that was all but ironed out by the second half.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
Mother Goose is on again Monday December 30, then Thursday January 2 to Saturday January 4 at 7.30pm. There will also be a matinee on Saturday at 3pm. Tickets for the production, at the Memorial Hall, are on sale from Sounds Music in Nunn's Way on 01362 696995.