Morrisons launches ‘hottest ever supermarket curry’
- Credit: Mikael Buck / Morrisons
Morrisons has launched an eight chilli rated curry after customers complained that the supermarket's hottest curry wasn't hot enough.
The new 'Flaming Fiery Phaal' contains scorpion chillies, which top the Scoville Heat Scale, in addition to Naga and green chillies. Morrisons claims that with it's eight chilli rating it is 'the hottest supermarket curry ever.'
The new dish comes after a number of customers left reviews on the Morrisons website for the 'Volcanic Vindaloo', saying it was 'not hot enough' and asking the supermarket to create 'a much hotter version.'
John Salmon, at Morrisons Catton just outside of Norwich, said: 'We love to hear back from customers and were happy to take on the challenge. The difficulty when making a phaal is to make sure it's got as much flavour as it has heat. But we think we've pulled it off.'
The new curry launched on October 8 and costs £2.
You may also want to watch:
Will you be trying 'the hottest supermarket curry ever'? Let us know in the comments.
- 1 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job