Minimix DJ and gipsy-jazz at Jellyfest
Ian Clarke From a “wibbly-wobbly vision” to create something different for people of all ages, the Jelly Festival has been born and is being held at Compton Hall at South Creake, near Fakenham, this Saturday (noon-11pm).
From a “wibbly-wobbly vision” to create something different for people of all ages, the Jelly Festival has been born and is being held at Compton Hall at South Creake, near Fakenham, this Saturday (noon-11pm).
The site is best known for its maize maze and for three years a live music event has been held.
Now, Ben Gardner is building on the idea. He has set up a wide line-up of music with a mix of London-based and local bands.
Heading the bill is DJ Ben Westbeech, who has played the dance stage at Glastonbury and has made a minimix for Annie Mac's mash-up programme.
Also on the bill are Nouvelle Croix, a gipsy-jazz band, who will be taking to the stage at sunset and Cass Lowe, whose live looping skills have seen him support Newton Faulkner, plus fun indie with Swelltones and jazz-soul with the Chameleons.
- 1 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 4 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 5 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 6 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 7 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 8 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 9 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 10 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
As well as the music, there's entertainment such as sumo suit wrestling, a giant bouncy castle, 40ft inflatable slide, balloon modellers and face painting.
And the jelly? That'll be given out free, with donations welcomed for the Spinal Injuries Association.
t 01328 823224 (£10 adv, £15 door) Soundclash Records, St Benedict's, Norwich; www.myspace.com/jellyfest