Norwich school snaps up 440 GoGoHares sticker albums - one for all its pupils
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A Norwich school is especially looking forward to all its pupils getting stuck into the GoGoHares trails this summer after snapping up 440 sticker albums - one for every single child.
Mile Cross Primary School has already had fun decorating a leveret for one of the GoGoHares trails being brought to Norwich and Norfolk in June by children's charity Break and Wild in Art.
And now the school is ensuring all its pupils can collect stickers of the GoGo stars of 50 artist-designed hares and more than 160 leverets created by schools and community groups, as well as the county-wide trail of 18 moongazer hares.
The EDP and Norwich Evening News – in partnership with Break and East of England Co-op – have created a sticker album to celebrate the GoGoHares and Mile Cross Primary School is the biggest customer to date after pre-ordering 440 copies.
Headteacher Stuart Allen said he thought the books would add an extra dimension to the children's experiences of the trails and that getting involved in GoGoHares was also a great way to support the Break charity.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'Children love the opportunity to get stickers and fill in their sticker books. For the children it makes things really tangible. It adds an element of competition and it is also about collaboration and teamwork because they can swap their stickers with each other.
'There is also the sense of achievement in completing a sticker book. If the children complete their books they will be getting house points for their school house.'
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 7 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
There will be one sticker the pupils will be especially excited to collect - the sticker for the Hareducating Mile Cross leveret, which was created by Mile Cross Primary and celebrates the school's 10th anniversary. All pupils were involved in coming up with designs and then artists Sunny and Pea spent time in residence at the school working on the final sculpture.
'The pupils saw the development of it and the whole process of the design,' Mr Allen said, adding the project had helped broaden the children's art experiences.
• The GoGoHares album costs £5 but people who pre-order it before June 17 will save £1 and pay just £4. To pre-order, visit www.edp24.co.uk/hares or call 01603 772138.
Schools or groups wanting to place a bulk order may be eligible for an extra discount - for more information call 01603 772138 or email email@example.com
• For more on GoGoHares, visit www.gogohares.co.uk