Michael Praed to star in The Sound of Music in Norwich
An actor who made his name playing the title role in the TV drama Robin of Sherwood before starring in the American soap Dynasty is to appear at Norwich Theatre Royal next month.
Michael Praed will play Captain Von Trapp in The Sound of Music when it comes to the city in August.
Michael, who will star alongside former Emmerdale star Verity Rushworth in the musical, is returning to the role after previously playing the part earlier in the production's tour.
He has appeared in a range of West End productions, including Aspects of Love and The Pirates of Penzance.
He has also been part of the UK cast of national tours of Sleuth and Copacabana, and was last seen at Norwich Theatre Royal in An Ideal Husband.
The Sound of Music will be at Norwich Theatre Royal from August 9 until August 20.
Tickets for the show cost between �6.50 and �42.50.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
To book, call 01603 630000 or visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk