Michael Jackson tribute act at Cromer Pier theatre
- Credit: Archant
Fans of Michael Jackson, known as the king of pop, will be able to hear some of his most popular hits in an end-of-the-pier tribute show.
The Jackson Live in Concert show will be held at the Pavilion Theatre on Cromer Pier om Sunday July 20 at 7.30pm.
Tribute star Ben Bowman will be performing as Jackson.
Ben said: 'From as far into my childhood as I can remember, I have
always been obsessed with Michael Jackson. Everything about the
You may also want to watch:
king of pop mesmerized and enchanted me.
'I used to spend hours
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 10 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
pouring over album covers, photographs, interviews, videos and
anything I could find that was about Michael. Even my 7th
birthday party was Michael Jackson themed!
'I always loved to dance and began copying Michael's signature moves as I dreamt of being a performer just like him.'
Ben will be joined on the stage by his live band and dancers who will work their way through all of Jackson's hits.
As well as the voice, the tribute act has got the look and moonwalk down to an art.
Songs performed in the concert will include Thriller, Beat It and Billie Jean.
Jackson was born in 1958 and died suddenly in 2009.
He was eighth child of the Jackson family and debuted on the professional music scene along with his brothers as a member of The Jackson 5 in 1968. He began his solo career in 1971.
Jackson's 1982 album Thriller is the best-selling album of all time. His other albums, including Off the Wall (1979), Bad (1987), Dangerous (1991), and HIStory (1995), also rank among the world's best-selling.
Jackson is one of the few artists to have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice. He was also inducted into the Dance Hall of Fame as the first and only dancer from pop and rock music.
Some of his other achievements include multiple Guinness World Records; 13 Grammy Awards as well as the Grammy Legend Award and the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award; and 13 number-one singles in the United States.
Jackson died on June 25 2009 after suffering from cardiac arrest.
Tickets cost £23.50 (concessions £22.50) and to book call the box office on 01263 512495 or visit www.cromer-pier.com