Michael Buble general admission sells out with tickets resold for three times price
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
General admission tickets to Michael Buble's Blickling Hall tour date next summer have sold out and are being resold for up to three times the price on resale sites.
The Canadian singer is heading to the National Trust stately home on Tuesday, July 28 on his 2020 UK tour, which takes place in the grounds of grand venues across the UK, including Warwick Castle and Hatfield House in Hertfordshire.
Tickets to see Michael perform in Norfolk for the first time went on sale at 9am on Friday morning and plenty of fans were left Feeling Good as they bagged tickets to see the star.
However, demand was very high for the concert and by 10am all general admission tickets, priced at £70, were sold out, and there is now only golden circle entry available for £175 each.
Soon after, tickets were made available on resale site Viagogo, with tickets priced from £161 to £175, and on StubHub they cost up to £234, over three times the original cost.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the golden circle tickets still being on sale, they are also listed over three times the original value on Viagogo and the top price is £541.
Resale tickets with steep prices are not uncommon - the issue has been debated in parliament and trading standards teams have launched crackdowns around the country on touts.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
Alice Barnes, safety and fair trading manager at Norfolk County Council Trading Standards, said: "It's always disappointing when tickets sell out before you can buy some, but buying from alternative sources puts people at real risk of being scammed."
She said scammers on fan pages often claimed to have tickets, but once the money is transferred their account can be deleted, leaving the buyer with no way to contact them.
"The safest way to buy tickets is from the venue box office, promoter, official agent or a reputable ticket exchange site and you should never pay for tickets by transferring money directly to a seller's bank account with no protection," she said.
Michael Buble has won four Grammys for Traditional Pop Vocal Album for Call Me Irresponsible (2008), Michael Buble Meets Madison Square Garden (2010), Crazy Love (2011) and To Be Loved (2014).
At the concert, he will play his chart-topping back catalogue of hits, including It's A Beautiful Day, Haven't Met You Yet and Everything.