Metallica and Faithless memorabilia up for grabs at Sheringham Lifeboat Day
Visitors to Sheringham lifeboat day on Sunday will have a chance to take part in a Generation Game-style 'Get Your Kit On' challenge, with youngsters and adults invited to don full lifeboat crew kit as quickly as possible.
Other attractions will include an abseil demonstration by Sheringham Coastguards, a display by Norwich Model Boat Club on the Leas boating lake, a demonstration by Sheringham Lifeguards, a tombola and quiz and a performance by local songsters the Sheringham Shantymen.
Also on show will be an electric guitar donated by former Faithless frontman Maxi Jazz and a drum skin signed by heavy rockers Metallica.
The guitar and drum skin, both of which were given to Sheringham crew member and rock band tour bus driver Mark Herring, will be auctioned off by sealed bid in aid of Sheringham lifeboat.
The day's events kick off at 10am, finishing at 4pm with the annual lifeboat service led by the vicar of St Peter's Church, former Royal Navy chaplain Rev Christian Heycocks.
Sealed bids for the guitar and drum skin can be handed in at the lifeboat station or the RNLI shop in High Street, or sent to Brian Farrow, 16 South Street, Sheringham, NR26 8LL.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 7 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 10 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash