Men wanted for North Walsham community choir
- Credit: Archant
A community choir is appealing for more male singers.
There is still space to join the North Walsham group, which has 25 regular members.
The adult choir needs singers to help out with the lower sections of songs, particularly men.
It practises every Tuesday night between 7-8.15pm at the Atrium (NR28 9HZ) on Spenser Avenue, at North Walsham High School.
The choir's debut performance will be round the Christmas tree at the Atrium Christmas Fayre on Saturday November 21 and singers will also appear at other festive events.
They will perform popular songs from Abba to the Beatles.
The choir is led by professional performer and singer Joseph Ballard, director of North Walsham-based charity Arts North Norfolk, who has taught singing and performance skills for many years.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 5 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 6 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 7 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 8 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 9 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 10 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing up to 30 new jobs
Mr Ballard said: 'Some people come along because they want to increase their confidence and learn about singing in a group and others come along for a fun night out.
'I'm really proud of the group so far and the friendly atmosphere where singing together forms the best medicine for a busy week.'
It costs £3 per session.
No session will take place on October 6.
No previous experience is necessary and people do not need to read music.
A youth community choir will be set up this autumn and the arts charity encourages people to sign up early for it.
To get involved visit Arts North Norfolk at No. 1 Market place, North Walsham, call 01692 218060 or visit www.artsnorthnorfolk.org