Men in Coats
JOHN LAWSON Marcel Marceau they ain't – but take two men, two enormous Parka anoraks and off-the-wall ideas in spades and you have Men in Coats – comedy mime for the 21st century.
Marcel Marceau they ain't – but take two men, two enormous Parka anoraks and off-the-wall ideas in spades and you have Men in Coats – comedy mime for the 21st century.
This is inventiveness of the highest order – we had a REAL ladder emerging from a pair of tights and a hat pulled out of a rabbit!
It was appropriate that the night at Norwich Playhouse should finish with the duo's heads appearing inside a Warner Brothers-style cartoon “That's All Folks” circle, for a number of the gags revolved around things, and people, apparently falling huge distances.
The set has a curtained black box and two “photo frames” in which the lads appear – the principal joke being you never know whose hands, legs or faces belong to whom.
An apple dropped in one photo frame appears from above the head of the person in frame two and so forth.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 8 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK
Among it all, there are takes on a number of film and TV characters like the Six Million Dollar Man, James Bond and ET. A thoroughly enjoyable night throughout.