Eight-year-old interviews Matilda’s Miss Honey who reveals show secrets
- Credit: Archant
With Matilda the Musical in full swing at Norwich Theatre Royal, eight-year-old Joshua spoke to one of its stars.
Despite being on his summer holidays, Joshua went back to the classroom to meet Carly Thoms who plays much-loved teacher Miss Honey.
The award-winning musical is inspired by the Roald Dahl classic and is in Norwich until August 17 as part of the UK and Ireland tour.
Matilda The Musical is an uplifting tale about a gifted and brave girl who loves books but is born to parents who don't understand her.
They send her away to a school run by the terrifying Miss Trunchbull, but she is befriended by caring teacher Miss Honey and her fight back begins.
In the interview, Miss Honey revealed her favourite book as a child was Matilda, her favourite part of the show is the swings that go out into the audience and the last time she was naughty.
READ MORE: Theatre Royal's Matilda The Musical offering £5 ticketsCarly said: "Today it is very hot and I've eaten quite a lot of ice cream."
Joshua also asked her which member of the cast and crew she would put in the chokey and she said Miss Trunchbull "the character not the actor" and admitted she often gets scared of the evil headmistress, played by Elliot Harper.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 6 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 7 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 8 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 9 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
Carly also spoke about working with all the young actors which includes four different Matildas who share the role.
Carly added: "I play Miss Honey, the kind teacher, and I like the fact I get to act with all the children on the stage which is really fun.
"It is really exciting they all have very different characters and they bring little differences to the roles."
READ MORE: Meet the former Norwich academy footballer playing Miss Trunchbull in MatildaCommissioned in 2010 by the RSC, it was written by renowned playwright Dennis Kelly, with lyrics and music by comedian and musician Tim Minchin, featuring memorable tunes include Revolting Children, When I Grow Up and Naughty.
Matilda The Musical tickets cost £10 to £58.50 and are available in person at the box office, by phone on 01603 630000 or online at theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk