Masterchef finalist at Festival of the Sea
Hayley MaceA talented local chef who impressed television judges earlier this year will open the Festival of the Sea in Southwold at the weekend.Hayley Mace
A talented local chef who impressed television judges earlier this year will open the Festival of the Sea in Southwold at the weekend.
Chris Gates, who reached the final of BBC2's Masterchef in February, will also be taking part in a cookery demonstration at the festival, which is being held on Southwold Pier for the first time in its 25 year history.
The 25-year-old from Halesworth, who has also recently been showing off his culinary skills on ITV's This Morning, will kick off the weekend event on Saturday.
As well as cookery demonstrations, the festival will include everything from lessons in filleting and talks about the UK fishing industry to special festival menus at The Crown hotel. Visitors will also be treated to an RNLI demonstration, trips on the Coastal Voyager and a race on the Sunday by Southwold Yacht Club off the end of the pier.
Entry into the festival will be �1, which will be donated to the Fishermen's Mission.
A World of Fish stall will also be offering exotic varieties of seafood for sale, including barracuda, red snapper and octopus.
- 1 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 2 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 4 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 6 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 7 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 8 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 9 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 10 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash