Local youngsters interview Mary Poppins Returns stars Emily Blunt and Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Credit: Archant
Two sisters from Great Yarmouth had a practically perfect time interviewing the Hollywood stars and even got the pair to perform viral children's song Baby Shark.
Pepper, aged six, and Daisy Self, nine, interviewed the stars of Mary Poppins Returns at the Corinthia Hotel in London and they also attended the film premiere at the Royal Albert Hall.
Pepper is signed to an agency and has done TV commercials for Very, Co-op, Philips and Littlewoods and was told that Pretty52, which is run by LADbible, were looking for two children to interview Emily and Lin-Manuel.
Pepper and her sister Daisy had to send a video of them interviewing each other and the next day were told they had been selected.
Mum Sonia Self said: 'We were given three tickets to the Royal Albert Hall and they were mesmerised by the event and were both excited to watch the film.
You may also want to watch:
'They loved all the big dresses and thought the film was brilliant - they have been singing all the songs since.
'They went to the premiere on the Wednesday and interviewed them at the hotel on the Friday and they thought Emily and Lin-Manuel were both lovely.
- 1 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 2 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 6 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 7 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 8 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 9 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 10 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
'They asked Emily when she would next be seeing George Clooney and that they were asking for me.'
The sisters also pulled a number of items out of a Mary Poppins bag including a giant plastic chicken, box of Yorkshire Tea and a cup and saucer.
Emily revealed Joel Dawson, who plays Michael's youngster son Georgie, was the naughtiest on set.
They also got the stars to perform viral children's song Baby Shark – which Pepper had to demonstrate as they got it wrong.
Mrs Self added: 'I am really proud of them and they both did really well.
'They weren't star-struck at all and were more bothered they could go ice-skating in London.'
Mary Poppins returns follows a grown-up Michael Banks, his children and sister Jane as they are faced with eviction from their family home.
The family are helped along the way by Mary Poppins (Emily Blunt) and lamplighter Bert (played by Lin Manuel).