Malcolm Arnold Trust supports special performance
- Credit: Archant
A Trust has supported a young soloist and popular orchestra as a special concert will be staged next month.
Waveney Sinfonia has been awarded a grant by The Malcolm Arnold Trust towards a performance of Arnold's Oboe Concerto by soloist Isabella Pincombe.
Isabella, a former Woodbridge School student, is in the second year of a music scholarship at the Royal Academy of Music.
Katherine Arnold, chairman of the Trust and Malcolm Arnold's daughter, said: 'We are delighted to hear of this performance and welcome being able to support the orchestra.'
The concert, which is being conducted by Adrian Brown, will be held at Trinity Methodist Church in Lowestoft on Saturday, January 19 at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The programme also includes Mendelssohn's overture Ruy Blas and Dvorak's symphony no 8. Tickets are available from F W Knights and Take Note Music in Lowestoft, Allens Music Centre in Great Yarmouth and Saxons Alternative Therapy Centre in Beccles or on the door.
More information can be found at www.waveneysinfonia.org.uk
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 7 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 8 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 9 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 10 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman