Maasai warrior concert at Cromer Parish Church
- Credit: Archant
A traditional African music group will be performing in Cromer for the first time next month.
The Osiligi Maasai Warrior Troupe will be putting on a show as part of their UK tour at Cromer Parish Church on Sunday October 12 at 3pm.
This is their eleventh year of touring the UK, which has seen them perform at many prestigious venues including the cathedrals of Ely, Salisbury and Exeter.
The group has also performed before royalty on three occasions.
Tours help the members of the troupe raise money for their families and their community, which is situated 30 miles south of Nairobi.
You may also want to watch:
Over the years, the tours, and the charity www.osiligi.org have improved the lives of troupe members and their families around them.
Money has helped move the group members and their relatives from poverty, in which water came from a stagnant pond some five miles away, to proving fresh clean water in the community.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 10 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
The troupe's success and charity have also raised money for solar lighting in homes and the building of a new church and school, which has 130 pupils.
Concerts by the Osiligi Maasai Warrior Troupe attract a variety of people, from five to 95-years-old.
All performances tell the story of their lives, are fully narrated and include audience participation.
Tickets cost £9 for adults and £1 for children and are available from North Norfolk Information Centre, Louden Road, Cromer, or K's Hardware on 37 Church Street in Cromer.
For more details about church events visit www.cromer-church.org.uk