Lucky Skeyton ticket holder scoops birthday treats for Blickling Proms
A lucky north Norfolk woman has scooped herself a bottle of champagne and a hamper full of goodies to enjoy at the Blickling Proms after buying the 2012th ticket to the event.
Margaret Morton from Skeyton booked eight tickets for the classical spectacular in August, one of which was the winning 2012th, and will enjoy her edible additions at the al-fresco concert with a group of friends and husband George.
Organisers of the event gave away the bottle of bubbly, hamper and two extra tickets to mark the Queen's diamond jubilee.
And the freebies will be an extra treat for Mrs Morton on her own special anniversary as the August 11 concert falls on her 70th birthday.
The grandmother-of-six said: 'I saw the event advertised and we decided to book the tickets straight away so winning the prizes is a great bonus. It's my birthday on the day and I thought it would be a lovely way to spend the evening, enjoying the atmosphere of an open air concert.
You may also want to watch:
'We haven't been to a concert at Blickling for several years, but were keen to return as it seems that they have gone back to the traditional format where you can bring your own picnics and wine and listen to orchestral music.
'It should be great fun.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 10 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
The event, the only concert at Blickling this year, promises to be a true British celebration with flag-waving and audience participation strongly encouraged.
Featuring music performed by the highly acclaimed Sinfonia Viva orchestra and soprano Annette Wardell, the concert will also include a mesmerising choreographed air display by the Grace Spitfire and a grand fireworks finale over the lake.
Visitors are encouraged to book early to avoid disappointment. Tickets cost �32, with group discounts on offer, and are available from www.revival-productions.co.uk or from the box office on 01263 734711. Car and coach parking on the night is free.