Lot 55 headline BBC Introducing night
Colin Wilson Local lads Lot 55, who went down a storm when they supported One Night Only at the Waterfront, Norwich, in May, return to the venue to headline a BBC Norfolk Introducing show this Thursday.
Local lads Lot 55, who went down a storm when they supported One Night Only at the Waterfront, Norwich, in May, return to the venue to headline a BBC Norfolk Introducing show on Thursday, August 7 (7.30pm).
Lot 55's uplifting, anthemic indie/pop anthems, which draw influences from Foo Fighters to the Killers, have proved a hit with Norwich gig-goers and you can find out what all the fuss is about at this, their third headline show at the Waterfront.
Main support comes from the Lost Levels, who release their debut single on NROne Records on Monday. Described as a mix of Blur, Pink Floyd and computer games, they have built a strong reputation on the Norwich scene and headlined at the Arts Centre in January.
Also on the bill, and making a welcome return to the venue, are the Loyal Few, formerly known as Kneehigh, who play a brand of stadium-sized indie which recalls U2 and the Manic Street Preachers.
Opening the night is up-and-coming act the Depot, who play powerful Jam-influenced pop songs.
- 1 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 2 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 3 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 4 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 5 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 6 Councillors quit Conservative group over multi-million-pound building move
- 7 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 8 Dotty the missing barn owl returns home after sightings across Norfolk
- 9 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 10 Shock as Ukrainian solidarity flags daubed with Nazi swastikas
t 01603 508050 (£5adv) UEA Students' Union,Waterfront and Soundclash ; www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk
t The show is promoted by Radio Norfolk's unsigned music show BBC Norfolk Introducing, which showcases the best local music every Friday at 7pm. They will be recording the gig, and will feature live tracks on the show in coming weeks.