Lord Mayor’s Celebrations get started in Norwich today
This year's Lord Mayor's Celebrations get into full swing today, as the feelgood factor continues to bring people into Norwich following the success of the Olympic Torch Relay.
The annual procession and various events will see the city's streets fill up again tomorrow but there is plenty for people to get started with today as well.
The World Village Market returns to Gentleman's Walk and Brigg Street for today, Saturday and Sunday, offering stalls with various goods on offer.
The crowds will also be out in force from 7.30pm tonight for the Gas Hill Gasp cycle ride.
The challenging uphill sprint race returned last year after a gap of 10 years and proved to be very successful.
City council events and culture manager, Helen Selleck, is hoping for a fun weekend, saying: 'The entertainment carries on with races, music and dance stages, markets and some really amusing street acts.
'Come on Norwich, let's keep the festivities going – and make this year's carnival a truly memorable weekend.'
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 'TV naturalist suggests Western Link is not 'tolerable'
- 10 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
Turn to page 19 for a full rundown of Lord Mayor's events in this week's Going Out and if you are going to the Lord Mayor's Celebrations then send us your pictures at www.iwitness24.co.uk