Lord Mayor’s Celebrations get started in Norwich today
This year's Lord Mayor's Celebrations get into full swing today, as the feelgood factor continues to bring people into Norwich following the success of the Olympic Torch Relay.
The annual procession and various events will see the city's streets fill up again tomorrow but there is plenty for people to get started with today as well.
The World Village Market returns to Gentleman's Walk and Brigg Street for today, Saturday and Sunday, offering stalls with various goods on offer.
The crowds will also be out in force from 7.30pm tonight for the Gas Hill Gasp cycle ride.
The challenging uphill sprint race returned last year after a gap of 10 years and proved to be very successful.
You may also want to watch:
City council events and culture manager, Helen Selleck, is hoping for a fun weekend, saying: 'The entertainment carries on with races, music and dance stages, markets and some really amusing street acts.
'Come on Norwich, let's keep the festivities going – and make this year's carnival a truly memorable weekend.'
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 9 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 10 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
Turn to page 19 for a full rundown of Lord Mayor's events in this week's Going Out and if you are going to the Lord Mayor's Celebrations then send us your pictures at www.iwitness24.co.uk