Look out for friendly giants as BFG mania hits Norwich
- Credit: photo-features.co.uk
The BFG is set to hit UK cinemas this Friday and in preparation for the big release, ODEON Norwich has stocked up on giant-themed treats for guests to enjoy.
A number of big, friendly, giants were spotted splatch-winkle (that's Gobblefunk for hurrying about) at ODEON Norwich this week ahead of the release of Steven Spielberg's highly-anticipated family favourite, The BFG, on Friday.
Based on the 1982 tale by Roald Dahl, The BFG follows a ten-year-old orphan, named Sophie, as she meets and befriends the Big Friendly Giant, and as the children's novel makes its way onto the silver screen, giant fun will also make its way into the fine city.
To celebrate the film's release and 100 years since the birth of Roald Dahl, guests at ODEON Norwich will be greeted by staff in costume, receive their very own 'giant' ears (while stocks last), have the opportunity to take a photo inside a Dream Jar and be given the chance to learn to speak Gobblefunk, the weird and wonderful language spoken by the BFG himself, as well as several other characters in Roald Dahl's stories.
The cinema will also be re-branding its Candy King Pick & Mix stations for a limited period to tie in with the film's theme.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Edge, Commercial Director at ODEON UK and Ireland, said: 'We're bringing the BFG to life with loads of fun treats for our guests which will create unforgettable memories and photos. As one of literature's most iconic characters, The BFG is part of a huge summer of storytelling here at ODEON – and we're honouring the friendly hero by hosting our very own giant takeovers this weekend.'
• ODEON Norwich will be showing The BFG from Friday 22nd July. Tickets are available to pre-book now at the cinema or at ODEON.co.uk.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures