Look out for friendly giants as BFG mania hits Norwich
- Credit: photo-features.co.uk
The BFG is set to hit UK cinemas this Friday and in preparation for the big release, ODEON Norwich has stocked up on giant-themed treats for guests to enjoy.
A number of big, friendly, giants were spotted splatch-winkle (that's Gobblefunk for hurrying about) at ODEON Norwich this week ahead of the release of Steven Spielberg's highly-anticipated family favourite, The BFG, on Friday.
Based on the 1982 tale by Roald Dahl, The BFG follows a ten-year-old orphan, named Sophie, as she meets and befriends the Big Friendly Giant, and as the children's novel makes its way onto the silver screen, giant fun will also make its way into the fine city.
To celebrate the film's release and 100 years since the birth of Roald Dahl, guests at ODEON Norwich will be greeted by staff in costume, receive their very own 'giant' ears (while stocks last), have the opportunity to take a photo inside a Dream Jar and be given the chance to learn to speak Gobblefunk, the weird and wonderful language spoken by the BFG himself, as well as several other characters in Roald Dahl's stories.
The cinema will also be re-branding its Candy King Pick & Mix stations for a limited period to tie in with the film's theme.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Edge, Commercial Director at ODEON UK and Ireland, said: 'We're bringing the BFG to life with loads of fun treats for our guests which will create unforgettable memories and photos. As one of literature's most iconic characters, The BFG is part of a huge summer of storytelling here at ODEON – and we're honouring the friendly hero by hosting our very own giant takeovers this weekend.'
• ODEON Norwich will be showing The BFG from Friday 22nd July. Tickets are available to pre-book now at the cinema or at ODEON.co.uk.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region