Listen to some of the local acts who will be playing at Radio One's Big Weekend in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A host of home-grown Norfolk talent will be taking to the stage at Radio 1's Big Weekend next month, joining an all-star line-up.
Franko Fraize, Harry Edwards and Context are among the local acts who will be performing at Europe's biggest free festival in Norwich on May 23 and 24.
They are among the fresh new artists who will perform on the BBC Introducing stage at Earlham Park.
Radio 1 DJ Huw Stephens, who announced the line-up on his show, said: 'Radio 1's Big Weekend is going to be amazing – not only will Taylor Swift and Foo Fighters be playing, but we'll also have a group of amazing up-and-coming acts from across the UK on the BBC Introducing stage.
'I'm delighted to see so many home-grown Norfolk acts on the bill and I look forward to seeing who'll become the next BBC Introducing success story.'
Other artists performing on the stage are Amber-Simone, Best Friends, Cash+David, Claws, Fickle Friends, Formation, Get Inuit, HONNE, Hot Cops, HUNTAR, Kill It Kid, KLOË, Laurel, Star.One, Ted Zed, The Hearts, Will Robert and Youth Club.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 3 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 4 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 10 Police called after illegally parked delivery driver blocks bus routes
Three more acts will be announced on May 4.
Last year's Big Weekend in Glasgow saw Royal Blood and Indiana perform on the stage, and both have since seen musical success.
Has your business planned something special for the Radio 1 Big Weekend? Email firstname.lastname@example.org