Listen: North Norfolk teen’s musical mission in aid of the Royal British Legion
- Credit: Archant
A talented singer/songwriter is taking on a year-long musical project in support of the Royal British Legion to commemorate the centenary of the first world war.
Jack Daniel is planning to release 11 different versions of his anti-war song They Don't Wanna, with profits going to the veterans charity.
The 19-year-old former Sheringham High School student, who splits his time between East Beckham and East Runton, was inspired to write the acoustic track after learning about the Great War in a history lesson, aged just 14.
After working on the song he is now ready to release it.
But rather than having just one release date, the teen is preparing to record 11 versions of They Don't Wanna - including rock, reggae, orchestral and ska arrangements - and bring out a different one each month next year. The original acoustic rendition will come out on Remembrance Day 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Jack, who studied A-level history, said: 'It's an anti-war song, not an anti-soldiers song. We're trying to do 11 different versions to spread the message to a wider audience.
'I wrote it when I was at school but there's always been a spark missing from it. It's taken me some time but I have just got there.'
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
Jack has been playing guitar since he was ten and writing and performing music for around five years, making his first appearance on stage at the tender age of 15.
He began performing covers but now adds his own songs into his sets, including They Don't Wanna, which has received a warm welcome from audiences across Norfolk.
'It's my mum's favourite song that I have written and a lot of people just listen to the lyrics,' he added.
All profits from They Don't Wanna will be donated to the Legion, and the teen is also looking to support other charities such as Médecins Sans Frontières. The first version will be released on January 1.
For more information visit www.jackdaniel.co.uk