Lights, camera, action for new venue
Norwich's newest major music venue comes alive tonight, Friday December 7 (doors 8pm) with a special gig featuring Def Tex and The Neutrinos.
Norwich's newest major music venue comes alive tonight, Friday December 7 (doors 8pm) with a special gig.
Epic on Magdalen Street is the former Anglia TV studio where such staples as Trisha, Loose Women and Nicholas Parsons' Sale of the Century were filmed and has now been transformed into a Creative Industries Enterprise Hub housing a variety of businesses large and small as well as retaining its broadcast studios.
Its biggest individual studio holding 350 people will reverberate to the sounds of Def Tex, the Neutrinos and Ray Brower.
The bands will spread themselves around two stages allowing surprise guests and novel collaborations.
You may also want to watch:
Def Tex are the East of England's foremost hip hop exponents, and their acclaimed new album Thanks But No Thanks was released earlier this year.
Art-punkers the Neutrinos championed the UK rock scene at Berlin's British Music Week and were one of the biggest draws at Toronto's NXNE Festival. This year's album One Way Kiss on Wet Nurse Records received rave reviews and has just been repressed to meet demand.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
Fall- and Can-influenced RayBrower are another Wet Nurse act, with their first release out early in 2008.
Tickets £4 adv (£3.50 NUS) from Soundclash, Playhouse Bar, Epic, Cult Clothing and Beatniks (Magdalen Street).