New date and line-up revealed for Let's Rock Norwich
- Credit: Lee Blanchflower
Organisers have announced the line-up of stars to perform at Let's Rock Norwich, which will return this autumn.
The popular event which sees tens of thousands of people pack out Earlham Park over the May Bank Holiday weekend, will return on Saturday, September 25.
Many of the acts booked for the 2020 festival including headlines Wet Wet Wet, The Boomtown Rats and Kim Wilde, are confirmed to return.
Glasgow group Wet Wet Wet first hit the charts in 1987 and since then they have sold over 15 million singles and albums, including number one songs With a Little Help From My Friends, Goodnight Girl and Love Is All Around.
Spandau Ballet's Tony Hadley, Sister Sledge, Betty Boo, Hue & Cry, Then Jericho and Altered Images will also take to the stage in September.
The line-up will also include ABC, Howard Jones, Big Country, Sydney Youngblood, The Gibson Brothers, Fiction Factory, Modern Romance and Odyssey.
A post on its Facebook page confirmed The Undertones and Tenpole Tudor were not available to perform this year.
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 3 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 4 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 5 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 6 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 7 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 8 Farm launching wild camping with breakfast hampers and street food nights
- 9 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 10 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
It is one of four festivals in the region that had hinted it would return "later than planned" following the government's announcement to ease lockdown restrictions.
Let's Rock Norwich saw 12,000 people attend in 2019.
A spokesman said: "Things are moving in the right direction and the well-being of our audience, staff and artists are our number one priority.
"With that in mind we would like to thank you all for your patience and we can now confirm that Let's Rock Norwich which was scheduled for Saturday 29th May 2021 will now be postponed to Saturday 25th September 2021.
"Many thanks to all our friends and supporters for staying the course with us! Without your support and goodwill things would have looked very different for us right now and this is something that we will never take for granted and can assure you that we will be celebrating in style when we get back on that field."
More details are available at https://letsrocknorwich.com/