What are you doing for Norfolk Day 2018? Let us know your ideas
- Credit: Archant
A motorcycle ride, afternoon tea, flower festival and canal cruise are just some of the events being put on for the inaugural Norfolk Day.
The event, which takes place on July 27, is encouraging communities, individuals, groups and businesses to organise celebrations big and small for the special day.
Every Thursday the EDP, which is behind Norfolk Day along with BBC Radio Norfolk, will publish details of Norfolk Day celebrations in the Event section.
Norfolk Day is being sponsored by Richardson's Holiday Parks and Woodforde's Brewery.
To share your ideas on how you plan to celebrate email email@example.com, tweet @norfolk_day or log on to the Norfolk Day Facebook group.
You may also want to watch:
People should include contact names and numbers/emails when submitting Norfolk Day event information.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
How to order your Norfolk Day pack
An online shop has been launched selling Norfolk Day marketing material which event organisers can display on the day.
The shop is selling a four-pack of flags, four-pack of A3 posters and 20 balloons at £4, while 5m of bunting is £7.50.
Celebration packs containing all of the above are also available for £15.
Norfolk Day takes place on Friday, July 27 and is intended as a day of fun in which individuals, community groups and businesses are encouraged to get involved by hosting or participating in events.
The initiative was launched by the EDP and Norwich Evening News in partnership with BBC Radio Norfolk and has the backing of business and several community organisations who are planning events for the day.
Details of events will be revealed in the newspaper, online and via social media.
To order Norfolk Day materials, visit The Norfolk Day ShopEstimated delivery time is 28 days.