Let’s Rock Norwich! 2017: Gates open to festival fans
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
The gates have opened for the first Let's Rock Norwich! retro music festival.
Earlham Park is the backdrop for 12 acts from the 1980s who will perform chart-topping hits to 15,000 people.
Headlining is Spandau Ballet lead singer Tony Hadley.
Other acts are Bananarama, Howard Jones, Kim Wilde, Belinda Carlisle, Midge Ure, Go West, Nik Kershaw, Boney M, Chesney Hawkes, Jaki Graham and Captain Sensible.
The main stage opens in under an hour at noon.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich is the mid-way point of the Let's Rock nationwide tour.
Norwich will be one of the largest crowds of the tour.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash
- 4 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 5 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 6 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 7 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach
Bags searches at the gates will take time so festival-goers are being urged to come with only necessary items.
Extra security staff and police officers will be on the site too.
A park and ride service is up and running from Costessey and County Hall to and from Earlham Park.