Let’s Rock Norwich! 2017: Gates open to festival fans
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
The gates have opened for the first Let's Rock Norwich! retro music festival.
Earlham Park is the backdrop for 12 acts from the 1980s who will perform chart-topping hits to 15,000 people.
Headlining is Spandau Ballet lead singer Tony Hadley.
Other acts are Bananarama, Howard Jones, Kim Wilde, Belinda Carlisle, Midge Ure, Go West, Nik Kershaw, Boney M, Chesney Hawkes, Jaki Graham and Captain Sensible.
The main stage opens in under an hour at noon.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich is the mid-way point of the Let's Rock nationwide tour.
Norwich will be one of the largest crowds of the tour.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
Bags searches at the gates will take time so festival-goers are being urged to come with only necessary items.
Extra security staff and police officers will be on the site too.
A park and ride service is up and running from Costessey and County Hall to and from Earlham Park.