Let’s Rock Norwich! 2017: Fancy dress and 1980s hits take over Earlham Park
- Credit: LEE BLANCHFLOWER
Freelance journalist Abi Simpson, 21, from Hoveton, reviewed the sell out Let's Rock Norwich! 2017 festival which packed out Earlham Park.
Earlham park went back to the 1980s yesterday, with the Let's Rock tour bringing retro back to Norwich.
With a stellar line-up, the glow in the dark crowds were in for an excellent night. Chesney Hawkes kicked off proceedings with a rendition of Bryan Adams' Summer of 69. Boney M did not disappoint either with the whole crowd on their feet for classics like Rasputin, and Rivers of Babylon.
The set list also included some modern day favourites, with Go West performing an excellent cover of Sex on Fire, by Kings of Leon.
It was not only the performers out to impress, the fancy dress of party-goers was a sight to behold, with everyone from Beetlejuice to Rod Stewart in attendance. Even the weather held out, with the sun making an appearance just in time for Kim Wilde to wow crowds with some of her biggest hits.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Spandau Ballet himself, Tony Hadley, rounded off the great day of music with a crowd-pleasing finale of chart toppers: True and Gold.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 10 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk