Lesley Garrett performing at Holt theatre
- Credit: Archant
Popular songstress Lesley Garrett is appearing at a school theatre later this year.
An Audience with Lesley Garrett will take place at the Auden Theatre on the grounds of Gresham's School in Holt (NR25 6EA) on Sunday November 22 at 7.30pm.
Audience members will be treated to a night of song, reminisces and chat from one of Britain's most famous soprano singers.
Her behind-the-scenes stories and anecdotes will give people a unique insight into her life on the stage.
As well as performing with the English and Welsh National Operas she has recently starred in Carousel and The Sound of Music and appeared on television shows including Strictly Come Dancing and Loose Women.
She has also performed with artists as diverse as Michael Ball, Renee Fleming, Andrea Bocelli, Bryn Terfel and Lily Savage.
The singer, who was born near Doncaster in south Yorkshire, is a graduate of the Royal Academy of Music.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 5 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 6 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 7 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 8 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge
Her professional debut, in 1979, was as Amor in Orontea at the music festival in Batignano.
She subsequently sang in 1980 as Alice in Le comte Ory at the London Coliseum.
The soprano has performed across the world in countries throughout Europe and also the United States, Australia, Russia, Brazil, Japan, Malaysia, Taiwan and South Korea.
She has also sung opera and pop classics with Bryan Ferry, Eurythmics and Mick Hucknall.
In 2002 she was awarded the CBE for her services to music.
Tickets cost £25. To book call 01263 713444 or visit www.greshams.com