Norfolk-singer Leon Mallett fails to make next stage of The X Factor
- Credit: Dymond / Thames / Syco for ITV.
Lingwood singer Leon Mallett has failed to make it to the live shows of The X Factor.
The 22-year-old, who works at The Carlton Hotel in Great Yarmouth, didn't impress Louis Walsh or guest judge Mika enough at the judges' houses phase of the competition which was filmed in Istanbul.
Mr Walsh instead chose to send through Sam Black, Spencer Sutherland and Lloyd Macey.
It is the furthest the Norfolk-singer has got on the TV talent show after making the bootcamp stage in 2014 as part of boy band Fifth Street.
This year he originally audition with his younger brother Alex in the group ITG but Simon decided to split them up during the six chair challenge.
You may also want to watch:
In the groups category, Simon Cowell, helped by Cheryl, picked Rak-Su, Sean and Conor Price, who have a 'charming naivety' and family trio The Cutkelvins, telling them it is a 'no brainer'.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 6 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 7 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park