Norfolk-singer Leon Mallett fails to make next stage of The X Factor
- Credit: Dymond / Thames / Syco for ITV.
Lingwood singer Leon Mallett has failed to make it to the live shows of The X Factor.
The 22-year-old, who works at The Carlton Hotel in Great Yarmouth, didn't impress Louis Walsh or guest judge Mika enough at the judges' houses phase of the competition which was filmed in Istanbul.
Mr Walsh instead chose to send through Sam Black, Spencer Sutherland and Lloyd Macey.
It is the furthest the Norfolk-singer has got on the TV talent show after making the bootcamp stage in 2014 as part of boy band Fifth Street.
This year he originally audition with his younger brother Alex in the group ITG but Simon decided to split them up during the six chair challenge.
In the groups category, Simon Cowell, helped by Cheryl, picked Rak-Su, Sean and Conor Price, who have a 'charming naivety' and family trio The Cutkelvins, telling them it is a 'no brainer'.
- 1 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 2 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 Club announces closure after struggling with Wetherspoon competition
- 5 Huge family home with potential home gym is for sale for £725,000
- 6 Snow to fall in parts of England... but will it reach East Anglia?
- 7 Could Wendy's be opening in Norfolk next year?
- 8 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
- 9 Valley of the Dinosaurs opening in Norfolk as part of £300,000 investment
- 10 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb